Sophora CMS Add-on: Date Search
The Add-on Date Search is in charge of searching for programs, events and other contents in which dates play a major role.
By using Date Search you can browse comfortably through single calendar days in order to look at all contents of a specific day, for instance a day which is connected with a Television context for a fast and clear access to broadcasts and posts on that day.
- Optimized view for the date-based search occurs parallel to the search.
- Selection of days via calendar picker. Browse through days.
- Content-related drill down to narrow down your search, for instance to series of broadcasts or events.
- Availability of multiple searches, such as program search and event search, between the add-on Date Search can be switched over among each other.
- Possibility to unfold components directly in the search result, e.g. for contributions in programs or for individual events of series of events.
- Automatic update of the search result after filter changes.
- Opening of documents (as well as their related components) by double clicking within the search result.
- Using drag & drop of documents from the search results and insert these ones into other documents.
- Content-related filtering on multiple levels depending on the configured selection value field.
- Now the structure of nested and escalated filing structure (Program / Events > Day 1 > Day 2 …) is superfluous.
- Complex and recurring searches, executed by the standard search, are superfluous as well.
- Flexible configuration for various application scenarios (see paragraph “configuration”).
Adapt Sophora’s add-on Date Search according to your requirements (as well as your data model). The add-on comes along with a separate “View” within Sophora’s DeskClient. You can configure the following elements:
- The label for naming the view, for instance “program search”.
- The documents’ type: Searches for documents of the same type, e.g. “Program”.
- The relevant date field: A date-related property out of the document type, for instance the broadcasting time.
- The relevant selection value field for a content-related filter, a selection list including program series can be named as an example. These one is displayed in the view as a dropdown. In case a multiple selection value field is chosen, various interdependent filters are displayed in the view.
- Start time of a day.
- A component group from the document type, which contents are able to be hinged in the view, for instance contributions of single programs.
- Additional columns, which are displayed (since version 2.4.15).
You can also configure various specialized searches. Editors can switch over between various searches within the view. Each configuration owns a separate system document in the administration area.
- Name: Date Search.
- Category: Search.
- Type: DeskClient Plug-in.
- Compatibility: >= Sophora 2.2
- Organization: subshell.
- Third-party software required: None.