Sophora CMS: Technical Specifications & Resources
Technical specifications and requirements for your Sophora CMS. Resources, documentation, and guides to successfully create and publish your content.
DeskClient (Current Version)
Java program based on Eclipse RCP that requires only Java. It can simply be unpacked and does not affect the operating system.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS X 10.11 or later. Must keep up-to-date with all recent patches and updates.
- RAM: 1.5 GB free memory or more.
- Hard disk space: 750 MB for the installation directory plus hard disk space for the local cache.
- Screen resolution: 1280x960 or greater.
- Java with JavaFX version 1.8 or later (Please note: Java 9 is currently not supported). Oracle JDK or JRE. Installing the JDK is recommended.
- Fast network and Internet connection.
- No administrator permissions necessary.
Server (Current Version)
Standalone Java program with connected or internal database.
- Operating system: Red Hat Linux (x86, x86-64), openSUSE Linux (x86, x86-64), Solaris (Sparc, x86, x86-64). Must keep up-to-date with all recent patches and updates.
- Java 1.8 (Please note: Java 9 is currently not supported) or later (Oracle JDK).
- Database systems: Oracle 10 or later, MySQL 5 or later, Apache Derby, file system.
- For preview and delivery: Apache HTTP server 2.4.0 or later, Apache Tomcat 7.0.62 (or later) or 8.0.22 (or later)
Notes: Other and older configurations available upon request. Additional requirements may apply for some add-ons.
Test drive the latest version of Sophora by visiting the Sophora Downloads page. Learn more.
Support (Clients only)
Sophora clients can report bugs and feature requests in our ticket system. Learn more.
Services & Training
subshell’s developers and consultants assist partners and customers in order to ensure project success. Learn more.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned professional, you can expand your skills with subshell's Sophora Training. Learn more.
We love hearing from you, so please share your questions feedback anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +49.40.431362-0.
From software updates to technical articles to manuals, the Sophora documentation is a handy resource with a wide variety of technical information about Sophora. Learn more.
Add-ons & Third-Party Solutions
Sophora includes a powerful plug-in architecture for the seamless integration of plug-ins and third-party solutions. These plug-ins and solutions allow you to extend the capabilities of Sophora by accessing an entire industry’s worth of content management expertise — without ever leaving Sophora. Learn more.
subshell's partner program offers our partners the opportunity to take advantage of Sophora's new take on Content Management. Learn more.
Sophora CMS: Flexible License & Pricing
Sophora's pricing follows a flexible size-based model, serving our customers who range from small start-ups all the way up to large organizations.
The price for Sophora is based upon the number of Sophora Server installations and the number of simultaneous users logged in (your content editors, designers, administrators, etc.). There is no additional cost for the number of server processors, DeskClients used, website visitors, URLs used, test/development servers, or content items.
Prices start at € 29900.
Sophora's Add-ons are priced individually.
Please get in touch with subshell at email@example.com and let us know your specific requirements to receive personalized pricing.
The Sophora Maintenance Program includes free access to new versions of Sophora to keep your implementation current. This includes all developer-releases, patches and minor-releases.
Customized support packages can be purchased.