Sophora Enables Visual Storytelling at NDR
One single system for visual storytelling: Thanks to Sophora, editors do not need any external systems for the production of web documentaries.
Moving Multimedia Stories
With its digital storytelling offers, NDR uses new technical possibilities in order to respond on changing user interests, introduce visitors of the website to complex topics and to shape these in a comprehensible and interesting way. With the help of Sophora the online editorial department of NDR created numerous multimedia reports. Thereby editors count on visual storytelling and combine image, text, video and audio contributions in one single document. The implementation of the responsive storytelling website was realized exclusively with Sophora. Additional programmes are not necessary.
8 Reasons for Using Sophora when Creating a
- No external system is required. There are no additional costs. Editorial departments can reuse already existing Sophora contents
- The stories are technically secured on a long-term basis
- Storytelling optimizes SEO. The storytelling document is integrated into an already existing Sophora website and requires no external webpage
- Individual elements of the story can be linked as well
- Stories can be easily compiled via drag & drop
- The editorial department can make configurations independently and thus, it is possible to remain independent of external systems
- Storytelling is no longer a project, but it will become a permanent part of the editorial everyday life
- Stories can be easily linked to all webpages
"The @ndr-Storytlling-Tool is directly implemented into Sophora CMS. It felt like such formats can’t build up faster. #mulmstorte" (Translated). Dennis Horn (@dennishorn) January 14, 2015 Twitter.
"Online stories are told better in a linear and highly visual form than it was used to be before. It was important for us to develop a solution that can be integrated easily in our daily editorial life” (Translated). Niels Rasmussen, Head of Online and Multimedia, Norddeutscher Rundfunk (NDR).
Examples for storytelling at NDR: