Sophora CMS Add-on: YouTube-Connector
As a program of Java the „YouTube-Connector“ add-on connects Sophora with all internal and external systems for videos and transmits these to YouTube.
The internal and external systems are responsible for preparing online-videos (such as videotaping, cut, transcoding), archiving and presenting them on YouTube.
Videos are administrated in Sophora with “proxy-documents”, which contain references on a file, stored in an external system.
After publishing the video document in Sophora, the add-on is in charge of tagging data and also for transferring it to YouTube. Updates are also possible. Furthermore, video files on YouTube can be deleted as well with the add-on, if the related document in Sophora is offline or deleted, for example if the retention period is already elapsed.
The presented (simplified) survey in the following draft indicates that Sophora’s add-on has access to information out of Sophora as well as admission to provided video files from the video production system, this is necessary for tagging video files and transferring them to YouTube.
- Regulate the transfer of video files to YouTube.
- Setting up videos.
- Compile YouTube specific description.
- Compile YouTube specific categories.
- Update videos.
- Delete videos.
- Selection of a YouTube account.
- Use of the „pre-published“ status. By publishing a proxy-video-document in Sophora the transport of the video files will be activated. Because of the file size, the transport takes a while. During this time the status of the proxy-video-document is “pre-published”. Editors can’t change the status. If the video file reaches YouTube, Sophora will publish the video document automatically and will change the status of the document to “published”.
- Testing of dependence to avoid inconsistency, for example if a video file is referenced in several Sophora video documents.
- MP4-Tagging by using properties out of the Sophora document and the configuration files. It is expandable with Groovy scripting.
- Concurrent transport of several files.
- Configuration: deposit list, mapping, and configuration of used fields from Sophora documents.
- Error correction: Email notification; log file, recording the error code in the video document in Sophora, in this way searches and previews can be used.
- Monitoring via JMX.
- Robust stand-alone-Java-program.
- Name: YouTube-Connector
- Category: Video
- Type: Stand-Alone Java Application
- Compatibility: >= Sophora 1.52
- Organization: subshell
- Third-party software required: YouTube
"YouTube is a video-sharing website headquartered in San Bruno, California. [...] YouTube now operates as one of Google's subsidiaries. The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos, and it makes use of Adobe Flash Video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated and corporate media video. Available content includes video clips, TV clips, music videos, and other content such as video blogging, short original videos, and educational videos." || Source: Wikipedia | Authors: List of Authors | License: CC BY-SA 3.0.